Re: XALLOC in program LIBHTTP/HTTPAPIR4

Good morning Scott,

I will be installing the beta version into my test library later this
morning, and I won't be messing around with TERASPACE. Trust me, I
really appreciate the help I receive on your forum, and would never
encroach upon your personal time or space, nor would I tell you to "fix"
something. In my experience, it's usually my own error that's messing up
the process, and not HTTPAPI.

That said, before I install the beta version today I need to solve
another problem. I've had contact from the company of the web service
I'm calling, telling me that I'm making multiple requests for the same
item, and this is resulting my receiving a response that is incorrect.

Here's what's going on:

I work for a life insurance company. I'm sending a request to a web
service that includes personal information on an applicant. The response
I expect to receive contains prescription information for that
applicant.

I've used HTTPAPI previously to call a similar subscriber-only web
service that returns medical information (you helped me extensively on
this--thank you!)

BOTH services are telling me that I'm making multiple (2) requests.

My call to the prescription service is just a basic http_url_post_xml:

rc = http_url_post_xml(
     'https://ws.notreally.com/services/eoservice.asmx'
           : %addr(SOAP)+2
           : %len(SOAP)
           : %paddr(StartOfElement)
           : %paddr(EndOfElement)
           : *NULL );

I took a look at the top of my http_api.txt debug file, and it looks
like this:

HTTPAPI Ver 1.23 released 2008-04-24
OS/400 Ver V6R1M0

New iconv() objects set, PostRem=819. PostLoc=0. ProtRem=819. ProtLoc=0
http_url_get(): entered
http_persist_open(): entered
http_long_ParseURL(): entered
DNS resolver retrans: 2
DNS resolver retry  : 2
DNS resolver options: x'00000136'
DNS default domain: thecompanyiworkfor.com
DNS server found: 192.168.30.9
DNS server found: 207.170.210.162
DNS server found: 168.215.210.50
SetError() #2: Host name look up failed.

Is there a clue here??

I don't speak DNS, and am not sure what the "DNS resolver retry:2" is
telling me. But seeing a "retry:2" leads me to believe it might be part
of the problem....?

Curiouser and curiouser...

Kim