Re: FW: HELP HELP HELP - Invalid heap space using HTTPAPI

hello Julio,

On January 21st, Charles Wilt suggested that you ask HTTPAPI to create a
debug file.  Have you done that?  I can't find it on the mailing list.

Yesterday, Mike Krebs asked you how we can reproduce this error.  Have
you answered this question?  I can't find any information on how I can
reproduce the error on my machine.

Just to clarify:  We do not know the cause of this error.  I've never
seen it occur, and it doesn't sound like anyone else on the list has had
this error, either?   Since this isn't a well-known problem, simply
knowing the error message isn't enough to tell us what's wrong.

To help you further, we need to be able to debug the code, line-by-line,
to see where things are going awry.  We can't do that unless you can
tell us how to reproduce it in our own test environments where we can
use our debugging tools!

It MIGHT help if you provided an HTTPAPI debug file.  That has a great
deal more information in it than you've posted so far.  But, with an
error like this (related to heap memory) I'm not even sure that'll tell
me anything I don't know.  Still, it couldn't hurt...

Anyway... to answer your questions:

1) Neither HTTPAPI nor EXPAT uses Java.  So while it certainly is
possible to tweak the settings of the Java Virtual Machine (JVM) on the
"AS400" [SIC], I don't see what that has to do with the situation??

2) EXPAT_H is a copy book that provides prototypes needed for calling
the EXPAT *SRVPGM.  It's a copy book, not a module.  The module that
calls EXPAT is called HTTPXMLR4.

3) Since I haven't any idea as to why you're getting that error, or how
I could make that error happen (even if I wanted to), I don't know how
to tell you to avoid it.  Troubleshooting is necessary.

-SK