   From:    Michael Ryan <michaelrtr@xxxxxxxxx>
   To:      HTTPAPI and FTPAPI Projects <ftpapi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
   Date:    02/04/2011 12:33 PM
   Subject: Re: *** PLEASE READ: How to ask for help.
   Sent by: ftpapi-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

   Thanks Scott...we don't need to abuse the minor boundaries you've have
   in place. I can't imagine someone contacting you at home or at work,
   though I guess it really doesn't surprise me. You are stellar at
   providing support - the community needs to play its part too.
   - Michael
   On Fri, Feb 4, 2011 at 1:13 PM, Scott Klement <sk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
   wrote:
   > Folks,
   >
   > HTTPAPI and FTPAPI are community-supported, open-source projects.
   > Everyone (or almost everyone?) on this mailing list is a computer
   > programmer, and a professional who does this for a living.
   >
   > With that in mind, please understand this:
   >
   > When I put FTPAPI and HTTPAPI on-line for you to use for free, I was
   > trying to help you. I was NOT offering to provide you with 24x7
   service
   > for free.  Help for these projects is provided through this mailing
   > list, and is provided by a community of people.
   >
   > Now, I know there's a saying "the squeaky wheel gets the grease."
   People
   > have learned that whomever complains the loudest, and is the most
   > obnoxious about it, will get helped.  THAT SAYING DOES NOT APPLY
   HERE.