Re: Question On HTTAPI Versions

Hi Dana,

> My question is this:  Would you recommend that we upgrade our current
> version of HTTPAPI on our iSeries to the most available download so as
> to be compatible with Giovanni's tool?

Yes,I always recommend using the latest version of HTTPAPI.  The main
thing that changes from version to version is bug fixes.  When features
are added, a great deal of effort is made to maintain
backward-compatibility, so that existing programs will work as-is.

So I always encourage folks to use the latest version.

> Otherwise, would there be compatibility issues between your older
> version and the version Giovanni is using?

I'm sorry, I don't know the answer to that.  I'm not certain how
Giovanni is using HTTPAPI, or how it integrates into things.

In theory, it should be possible to install two copies of HTTPAPI in
different libraries, and have different programs use different copies...
  but I have never done that, myself, so I don't know how easy/hard that
would be to implement.