   From:    Scott Klement <sk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
   To:      HTTPAPI and FTPAPI Projects <ftpapi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
   Date:    02/01/2011 05:48 PM
   Subject: Re: Intermittent error: I/O:  Unknown system state
   Sent by: ftpapi-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

   Hi John,
   Since this sounds like a sporadic problem, I'm not sure if this is
   possible, but...    can you create a debug trace?
   From what you're saying, it sounds to me like something is mucking up
   the GSKit environment within your job.  Unfortunately, the "unknown
   system state" error isn't very explicit about the cause...
   The current BETA version of HTTPAPI might help.  There was a bug
   related
   to the GSKit session state that got fixed in that beta.  It might be
   worth a try:
   [1]http://www.scottklement.com/httpapi/beta
   On 2/1/2011 4:24 PM, John Dyar wrote:

   >     We use the HTTP APIs to securely transmit and receive credit
   card data
   >     between our ERP system and our credit card gateway.  In general
   things
   >     run smoothly, but occasionally we run into a problem where our
   ERP
   >     system is unable to talk to the gateway.  When this happens, if
   the
   >     user ends their job and starts a new job, the problem goes away.
    It
   >     seems to happen at a job rather than a system level, because
   other
   >     users will keep right on running without a problem if one user
   gets
   >     the error.  There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it
   >     otherwise, except that it was getting pretty frequent several
   months
   >     ago, but then we did an IPL and it went away for 2 whole months.
    Now
   >     it is starting to happen more and more often again.
   >     We are using the *SYSTEM certificate - could this be related to
   the
   >     problem?
   >     I'm attaching a joblog from a recent example of the problem.  If
   >     anyone has any thoughts on the subject, I'd love to hear them.
   >     would love to resolve this intermittent error.
   >     Thanks,
   >     John Dyar
   >     Systems Analyst
   >     Information Technology
   >     Springs Window Fashions LLC
   >     Phone: 608-828-4045
   >     Fax: 608-836-6127
   >     john.dyar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
   >     THIS ELECTRONIC MESSAGE AND ANY ATTACHMENTS ARE INTENDED ONLY
   FOR THE
   >     USE OF THE INDIVIDUAL OR ENTITY TO WHICH IT IS ADDRESSED, AND
   MAY
   >     CONTAIN INFORMATION THAT IS PRIVILEGED, CONFIDENTIAL AND EXEMPT
   FROM
   >     DISCLOSURE UNDER APPLICABLE LAW. DO NOT FORWARD THIS MESSAGE
   WITHOUT
   >     EXPRESS CONSENT OF THE SENDER. If you are not the intended
   recipient,
   >     you are hereby notified that any review, reliance,
   dissemination,

   -