Help with Base64 Encoding

   Hello All,

   I'd really appreciate any help with this project as I'm definitely
   struggling to find a solution.  In short, my Base64 encoded ZPL string
   is printing with a few invalid characters.  I think there is some
   character conversion problem but I have no idea where to begin
   looking.

   I'm using http_url_post_xml to "Create a Shipment" using our shipping
   company software.  It passes back shipment data fields-one of which is
   a Base64 encoded binary ZPL string containing the data for our
   shipping label.  I embed this base64 encoded ZPL string in a text
   field along with some other data.  I'm using Scott's HTTPAPI socket
   application to "write" it to a windows software application that
   decodes the ZPL portion of the data and sends the string to our
   automated Zebra print/apply label applicator.  (Part of the HTTPAPI
   code executes the "set_etoa" and "do_iconv" subroutines.)

   This entire process works great for all shipping services in which the
   ZPL string is NOT base64 encoded.  For the one service that uses the
   encoding, there are a few character that appear as "?" instead of
   dashes.  The 2D Matrix barcode also has some invalid data in it.

   I hope I've provided enough information to understand my situation.
   Can anyone help in figuring out what is wrong?  All help is very much
   appreciated!!