RE: SetError() #2: Host name look up failed.

I hadn't thought of this before because the problem only manifested itself
when we added the HTTPAPI routines, but this could have been happening all
along and it is now just more visible.

Is there any way to see what file handle resources are used by a job?

Original Response below: to original post

Spencer,

The operative information from your description is: " When it tries to
create an ifs file it gives
some kind of error indicating no handles are available(i don't remember the
specific error)"

Your job is opening file handles but not closing them. There are a limited
number of handles per job, although it is a rather large number. File
handles are used in conjunction with sockets, IFS files, STDIO, etc...

HTTPAPI uses sockets and IFS file handles but your problem is most likely
not related to HTTPAPI.

Somewhere in your job file handles are being opened and are either not
being closed explicitly.

Duane Christen

Please consider the environment before printing this email ...

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and solely for the use of the individual or entity to which they are addressed and intended.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by return e-mail.  If you are not the intended recipient, you may not read, copy, retain, print, disclose, or distribute this message or its contents to any other individual, for such actions may be unlawful.
WARNING: We take certain precautions to prevent viruses, but we are not responsible for loss or damage arising from the use of this e-mail or attachments.