Re: New project....but where to start??

Hi Divot,

HTTPAPI can certainly perform a GET operation on an https:// URL, which
seems to be what you want to do.

As for MD5... it's built-in to OS/400, at the MI-level.  Has been for
ages.  You can use the _CIPHER MI instruction, or the QC3CALHA API to
perform an MD5 hash.

The following articles discuss creating MD5 hashes
http://systeminetwork.com/article/utility-calculate-md5-hash-stream-file
http://systeminetwork.com/article/calculate-sha-1-hash
http://systeminetwork.com/article/sha1-md5-and-base64-without-apis

The whole thing seems strange to me, as you refer to this as an "FTP
server appliance", yet you don't appear to be using FTP to communicate
with it....  strange, strange, strange...