Antwort: RE: Null values and WSDL2RPG and HTTPAPI?

   Tim,
   It was nice if it would be that easy. %nullind() is only allowed for
   null-capable fields of external described database files. The
   following sample program cannot be compiled because of a RNF0342 error
   message:
    * Demo:
    *   RNF0342 - The parameter for %NULLIND is not valid; %NULLIND is
   ignored.
   H ALWNULL(*USRCTL)
   D  fein           S             10A   varying
    /FREE
       %nullind(fein) = *ON;
       *inlr = *ON;
   In fact RPG lacks true NULL support. Something like this is missing:
   D  fein           S             10A   varying null
   Thomas.
   ftpapi-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx schrieb am 04.01.2011 23:07:17:
   > Von: thull@xxxxxxxx
   > An: ftpapi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
   > Datum: 04.01.2011 23:13
   > Betreff: RE: Null values and WSDL2RPG and HTTPAPI?
   > Gesendet von: ftpapi-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
   >
   > H SPEC = h alwnull(*USRCTL)
   > CALC = IF %nullind(fein) = *off;
   >
   > Tim Hull
   >
   > CONFIDENTIALITY:  This e-mail (including any attachments) may
   contain
   > confidential, proprietary and privileged information, and
   unauthorized
   > disclosure or use is prohibited.  If you received this e-mail in
   error,
   > please notify the sender and delete this e-mail from your system.

   Thomas Raddatz
   > Sent: Tuesday, January 04, 2011 4:25 PM
   > To: HTTPAPI and FTPAPI Projects
   > Subject: Re: Null values and WSDL2RPG and HTTPAPI?
   >
   > Charles,
   >
   > I am sorry, but there is no NULL support in WSDL2RPG. That is
   something you
   > have to do by hand.
   >
   > The problem is that RPG lacks true NULL support. If I wanted to
   support
   > NULL values I would have to generate NULL indicator fields for each
   XML
   > element having nillable="true" because *BLANK or *ZERO values do not
   > necessarily indicate a NULL value. So far I avoided these additional
   fields
   > to keep things simple.
   >
   > However I am open to any suggestions of how to add NULL support in
   WSDL2RPG.

   > Thomas.
   >
   > Am 04.01.2011 21:18, schrieb Charles Wilt:
   > > All,
   > >
   > > Finally got my chance to create call and web service from RPG...
   > >
   > > WSDL2RPG and HTTPAPI should make quick work of my POC...
   > >
   > > One question, in the test program generated by WSDL2RPG, how to I
   > > indicate that some values are null?
   > >
   > > The WSDL for the service in question has:
   > >           <xsd:complexType name="Contact">
   > >              <xsd:sequence>
   > >                 <xsd:element type="xsd:boolean"
   name="catalogMailings"
   > > minOccurs="1" maxOccurs="1"/>
   > >                 <xsd:element type="xsd:string"
   name="contactFirstName"
   > > minOccurs="1" maxOccurs="1" nillable="true"/>
   > >                 <xsd:element type="xsd:string"
   name="contactLastName"
   > > minOccurs="1" maxOccurs="1" nillable="true"/>
   > >                 <xsd:element type="xsd:boolean"
   name="decisionMaker"
   > > minOccurs="1" maxOccurs="1"/>
   > >                 <xsd:element type="xsd:string" name="email"
   > > minOccurs="1" maxOccurs="1" nillable="true"/>
   > >                 <xsd:element type="xsd:long" name="faxNumber"
   > > minOccurs="1" maxOccurs="1" nillable="true"/>
   > >                 <xsd:element type="xsd:string"
   > > name="generalInstructions" minOccurs="1" maxOccurs="1"
   > > nillable="true"/>
   > >                 <xsd:element type="xsd:long" name="id"
   minOccurs="1"
   > > maxOccurs="1" nillable="true"/>
   > >                 <xsd:element type="xsd:long"
   name="mobilePhoneNumber"
   > > minOccurs="1" maxOccurs="1" nillable="true"/>
   > >                 <xsd:element type="xsd:boolean"
   > > name="opinionSurveyMailings" minOccurs="1" maxOccurs="1"/>
   > >                 <xsd:element type="xsd:boolean"
   name="otherMailings"
   > > minOccurs="1" maxOccurs="1"/>
   > >                 <xsd:element type="xsd:int" name="phoneExtension"
   > > minOccurs="1" maxOccurs="1" nillable="true"/>
   > >                 <xsd:element type="xsd:long" name="phoneNumber"
   > > minOccurs="1" maxOccurs="1" nillable="true"/>
   > >                 <xsd:element type="xsd:boolean" name="prcContact"
   > > minOccurs="1" maxOccurs="1"/>
   > >                 <xsd:element type="xsd:string" name="title"
   > > minOccurs="1" maxOccurs="1" nillable="true"/>
   > >              </xsd:sequence>
   > >
   > > Thanks!
   > > Charles

   -

   -

   --
   IMPORTANT NOTICE:
   This email is confidential, may be legally privileged, and is for the