Re: Web Services Question

Hi Elaina,

Why are you concerned about the most efficient way?  Are you having
trouble with efficiency, if so, what are the symptoms?  Can you describe
the problem in a little more detail?

Since we don't know anything about how the current program is
implemented, it's awfully difficult for us to discuss efficiency!

Are you looking to understand the value of HTTPAPI vs. other web service
related tools?   Or are you looking to understand the efficiency
differences between SOAP and REST?  Or...  what are you looking for?
Since we don't know what tool you're using now, it's hard to even guess
if HTTPAPI will be faster or not?

It seems to me that if you're just connecting to a web service and
sending a location/name, efficiency may not be your biggest issue?
After all, how big can a location/filename be?   Or are you actually
sending the complete file data?