From: ftpapi-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:ftpapi-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Kim Gibson
Sent: Tuesday, December 21, 2010 4:28 PM
To: ftpapi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: Parsing XML with a value that contains a double quote

Great-thanks, Scott! I knew there had to have been some cool feature.

I appreciate your help. Have a wonderful holiday!

Kim Gibson

On 12/21/2010 2:44 PM, Kim Gibson wrote:

> Any quick ideas on solutions?? I'm doing some research on this end,

> and chances are the solution will be absurdly simple.

HTTPAPI has a feature called HTTP_xmlReturnPtr() that lets HTTPAPI

return the 'value' parameter from an XML document as a pointer to

allocated memory.  That allows the value of an XML element to exceed

65535.  (Indeed, should be capable of 16mb)

Here's a link to a previous discussion of HTTP_xmlReturnPtr:

http://www.scottklement.com/archives/ftpapi/201008/msg00110.html

If you use that feature, you should be able to write all of the data

from your "embedded XML" into an IFS stream file.  (Which, of course,

doesn't have a size limit.) and then your 2nd parse should work properly.