Re: Parsing XML with a value that contains a double quote

On 12/21/2010 2:44 PM, Kim Gibson wrote:
> Any quick ideas on solutions?? I'm doing some research on this end,
> and chances are the solution will be absurdly simple.

HTTPAPI has a feature called HTTP_xmlReturnPtr() that lets HTTPAPI
return the 'value' parameter from an XML document as a pointer to
allocated memory.  That allows the value of an XML element to exceed
65535.  (Indeed, should be capable of 16mb)

Here's a link to a previous discussion of HTTP_xmlReturnPtr:
http://www.scottklement.com/archives/ftpapi/201008/msg00110.html

If you use that feature, you should be able to write all of the data
from your "embedded XML" into an IFS stream file.  (Which, of course,
doesn't have a size limit.) and then your 2nd parse should work properly.