Re: Parsing XML with a value that contains a double quote

hi Kim,

> 	<PrescriptionLabel>BD INSULIN SYR 0.5 ML
> 30GX1/2"</PrescriptionLabel>
>
> The double quote is messing things up---I get an error:
> 	XML parse failed at line 2, col 65517: unclosed token

Hmmm... that double quote shouldn't matter!

So, I tried to reproduce your problem...  but I could not.  It parsed
without any errors or problems for me.  Can you please tell me how to
get the same error you're seeing?

I'll give you the code I used (it's compiled against the current beta of
HTTPAPI) Please tell me what I have to change to produce the same error
you're receiving?  Here's the code:

      H DFTACTGRP(*NO) ACTGRP('KLEMENT') BNDDIR('HTTPAPI')

       /copy httpapi_h

      D testXml         PR
      D   UserData                      *   value
      D   depth                       10I 0 value
      D   name                      1024A   varying const
      D   path                     24576A   varying const
      D   value                    65535A   varying const
      D   attrs                         *   dim(32767)
      D                                     const options(*varsize)

      D KimXml          s            100a
      D Msg             s             52a

       /free
            KimXml = '<PrescriptionLabel>BD INSULIN SYR 0.5 ML 30GX1/2"'
                   + '</PrescriptionLabel>';

            if http_parse_xml_string( %addr(KimXml)
                                    : %len(%trimr(KimXml))
                                    : 0
                                    : *null
                                    : %paddr(testXml)
                                    : *null ) < 1;
               msg = http_error();
               dsply msg;
            endif;

            *inlr = *on;

       /end-free

      P testXml         B
      D testXml         PI
      D   UserData                      *   value
      D   depth                       10I 0 value
      D   name                      1024A   varying const
      D   path                     24576A   varying const
      D   value                    65535A   varying const
      D   attrs                         *   dim(32767)
      D                                     const options(*varsize)
      D msg             s             52a
       /free
            msg = value;
            dsply msg;