HTTPAPI have you experienced issues with it leaving files open

We are using the HTTPAPI service program to access a webservice, the
program runs in a batch environment and only shuts down daily(it receives
information in from a data queue and acts upon it until the subsystem is
ended and restarted.  It also runs in a named activation group.

This same program is also sending emails utilizing a program we have
created in house that utilizes the QtmmSendMail system API.  Therefore it
is using the C library to create an IFS file to be sent as an email.

Once we added the HTTP function to the program it runs fine for awhile then
at some point too many file handles are open and when we attempt to create
a new IFS file for an email we receive a C error of "3452: Too many open
files for this process."  From this point on it won't process emails or
webservice requests until the job is restarted manually.

We implemented the webservice call in a service program which prepares the
request, sends it using the HTTPAPI and parses the results to a file, this
is called from the main batch program.  We are not currently using the
http_debug(*On) function so no ifs files are being created for logging.
We are also specifically calling the https_cleanup() before the service
program returns to see if that was the issue.

Has anyone else reported this happening?  I haven't tried to dig into the
httpapi service program itself to try and track down the issue yet in case
the issue has already been solved, in that case I guess I just need to
download the latest version if there is a more current one.

Not sure how best to communicate which version we are on but the last
change date for the HTTPAPIR4 qrpglesrc member is February 2008 and the
date on the save file I downloaded is Feb 16, 2010 so that is when I
downloaded it from the site.

Spencer Wofford
Sr. Programmer/Analyst

Con-way Truckload
Never Settle for Less.

4701 East 32nd Street
Joplin, MO 64804
(417) 623-5229 ext 5447
swofford@xxxxxxxxxx
www.con-way.com

Please consider the environment before printing this email ...

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and solely for the use of the individual or entity to which they are addressed and intended.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by return e-mail.  If you are not the intended recipient, you may not read, copy, retain, print, disclose, or distribute this message or its contents to any other individual, for such actions may be unlawful.
WARNING: We take certain precautions to prevent viruses, but we are not responsible for loss or damage arising from the use of this e-mail or attachments.