Re: Help...

Hi Steve Bowdoin,

> you need the GSK to consume a proteted page.
> unless you have to send them your certificate, you wont need to deal with
> DCM at all.

Errr...  you're half-right.   You only need DCM/GSK/SSL if you want to
connect to an SSL page.

However, I disagree with the "...unless you have to send them your
certificate..." part of your statement.  In the _vast_ majority of the
cases where you use SSL in HTTP, you don't send any certificates from
the client to the server.

But, if you use any SSL at all, you'll need the DCM to have a *SYSTEM
certificate store.  That's part of the basics of setting up SSL for any
application that runs on IBM i.   (And, it's really very, very, simple
to set up...)

> i believe, but have no proof, that if you have what it takes to run DCM then
> you have GSK.  I could be worng.

Yes.  The Global Secure Toolkit (GSKit) is a core part of IBM i.  If you
didn't have it, you wouldn't have been able to compile HTTPAPI in the
first place.   The errors he's getting actually prove that he _does_
have GSKit.

He doesn't have a *SYSTEM certificate store, however.  And, again, it's
a matter of clicking the "create *SYSTEM certificate store" option, and
probably, assigning a password to it.  That's all.  It's dead simple.
(Once you find the option!)