Re: Open Source vs RPG XML Suite

Hi Julio,

Sorry about your predicament.  Some people just don't see the light when
it comes to open source.  I've been working with open source for many
years...  FreeBSD, Firefox, Thunderbird, Apache, TN5250, OpenSSH,
OpenSSL, to name a few projects (of many more) I've worked with.

In that time, I've seen exactly one vendor who's support is as good as
the "community support" of those open source projects.  Every other
commercial support I receive is inferior to the "no support" of the open
source tools.  (The one vendor, by the way, is IBM.)

I have no experience with RPG XML Suite.

I think it's a Krengeltech product, right?  That's the company that
Aaron Bartell works for, and he's one of the good guys, so...  it's
probably a good product.

I suggest contacting him and/or asking this question in a forum like
WEB400 on Midrange.com