RE: Open Source vs RPG XML Suite

Ok so here's my two cents as well.  I have a couple of application that use
HTTPAPI and they're working great.  I too, have been greatly appreciative of
the advice and support provided by this mailing list.  However last year we
had a project that required extensive XML processing using internal
web-service programs and connecting to outside web-service providers.  Due
to our aggressive deadlines on this project it was decided that we would
look to RPG-XML Suite as opposed to writing it using HTTPAPI.  I downloaded
the trial software and within just a short time had the first web-service
program working.  We purchased the product and the support contract and have
never looked back.  Aaron Bartell and all of the other technicians have been
amazing with their help and advice. Since that project, which by the way was
a huge success for our company, we have used the RPG-XML suite for a variety
of other smaller projects and it continues to be one of the best buying
decisions we've made.

I thoroughly enjoy working with both products.  So my recommendation would
be to use the tool that best suits your needs and requirements.  I hope to
do more with HTTPAPI and in fact have a better understanding of it because
I've used RPG-XML Suite.

Rex Reese