RE: FTPAPI

Yes, I do that.  (A new version of FTPAPI is imminent, by the way.  This
weekend, I expect.)

In the program that uses the API, create a procedure that takes two
parameters.  The first parameter would be the standard logging data
(CHAR,256), and the second is a pointer within your program, that can point
to anything you like (or could be *NULL).

Then call the FTP_ExitProc() procedure.  Let's say your logging procedure is
logToIFS, and you don't wish to use an extra pointer.  Here's what you'd
pass:

rc = FTP_exitProc(mySocket
                : FTP_EXTLOG: %Paddr(logToIFS): *NULL) ;

Of course, logToIFS would do the actual logging.  Keep in mind that when an
exitProc has been specified, FTPAPI will not do ANY logging; it simply
passes the log data to (in this case) logToIFS and expects that procedure to
do what's needed.  And if you have multiple sockets open, this would need to
be called for each.

Dennis Lovelady
I bought my brother some gift-wrap for Christmas.  I took it to the Gift
Wrap department and told them to wrap it, but in a different print so he
would know when to stop unwrapping.