From: "Eric Wasek" <ericw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "HTTPAPI and FTPAPI Projects" <ftpapi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, November 29, 2010 7:58 PM
Subject: Unknown system state during get request

We use a simple program to send a get request to a server and receive back
information in an IFS file.  But instead of information in a file, it is
getting an error.  Following is the debug information.

HTTPAPI Ver 1.16 released 2006-05-07

New iconv() objects set, ASCII=819. EBCDIC=0

https_init(): entered

Dump of local-side certificate information:

http_url_get(): entered

http_persist_open(): entered

http_long_ParseURL(): entered

(GSKit) I/O: Unknown system state.

ssl_error(406): (GSKit) I/O: Unknown system state.

SetError() #30: SSL Handshake: (GSKit) I/O: Unknown system state.

Some of the code from the program is as follows.

C                   CALLP     HTTP_DEBUG(*ON: DBGFILE)

c                   eval      rc = https_init(*BLANKS)

c                   if        rc < 0

c                   eval      msg = http_error(rc)

c                   if        rc = HTTP_NOTREG

c                   exsr      RegisterMe

c                   return

c                   else

c                   dsply                   msg

c                   return

c                   endif

c                   endif

c                   eval      rc = http_url_get(

c                                  UrlText :

c                                  '/tmp/httptest.html')

This code is a modified version of example 3 from Scott's examples.  We
change the UrlText constant to what we use during production and compile
this code on our version 5.1 system and send it to another remote 5.1 system
to test.  It runs correctly on our 5.1 system, but not on the remote system.
We have been running this get request on the local system for many years,
but it has yet to work on this remote system.

We have changed the UrlText constant to perform the get request to the
Klements site (like in example 3) and it works correctly from both the local
and remote systems.  So we know that it can work from both the local and
remote systems.  It just does not work from the remote system with the url
needed for the live, production software.

We know that this is a very old version of the programs (1.16).  But this
wonderful old version is working great at several locations.  To upgrade all
of them would require several hours that I do not wish to use as part of
this project unless necessary.  We are only currently using the basic
functions of version 1.16 and do not want to upgrade until we need to use
some more advanced functions.

A search of the archives found some PTFs for 5.4 (while the problem system
is on 5.1) and some Digital Certificate Manager information that should not
affect what we are trying to do.

Any ideas or assistance is appreciated.

Eric Wasek