Re: Character conversion

Ire?

FTPAPI and HTTPAPI do not use any common character set translation
routines.  HTTPAPI _does_ take into account the fact that the number of
bytes might change, and has rather sophisticated code that uses a
dynamic memory buffer and increases the size of the buffer as needed
while translating the data.

FTPAPI and HTTPAPI each started with completely different character set
code, and they've evolved quite differently.