HTTPAPI - Open Browser?

   Hey all

   We launch web pages from some of our iSeries applications, really easy
   until the URLs began getting bigger.  We ran into the age-old issue of
   the PC Command being > 123 bytes, so just to play we created a link
   launcher on a separate server and have an RPG program consume it with
   the long URL.  In the background the web service stores the long URL
   and provides an alias or abbreviated URL.  This URL fits in the
   STRPCCMD and when launched simply redirects to the long URL.  That
   works, not a problem.  However, there are nay-sayers in the company,
   Web Service bashers you might call them.  So just to be sure, is there
   a much more simplified method of getting around the 123 byte
   limitation of STRPCCMD?

   Vincent Selders

   Lead Progrmmer / Analyst

   Magellan Health Services

   desk: (314) 387-4244

   fax: (888) 656-0383

   GBAT

   *Confidentiality Notice*

   This electronic message transmission contains information belonging to
   Magellan Health Services that is solely for the recipient named above
   and which may be confidential or privileged. MAGELLAN HEALTH SERVICES
   EXPRESSLY PRESERVES AND ASSERTS ALL PRIVILEGES AND IMMUNITIES
   APPLICABLE TO THIS TRANSMISSION. If you are not the intended
   recipient, be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use
   of this communication is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you have received
   this electronic transmission in error, please notify us by telephone
   at (314) 387-4244 or (800) 450-7281 ext. 74244. Thank you.

JPEG image