How to verify a BASE64 encoded file

OK this is not strictly HTTPAPI related but close.

The web service I'm trying to use needs a BASE64 encoded file passed
along. (Thanks Scott for helping get that figured out) I'm getting the
dreaded 500 error message but buried in the debug info is a more
useful(?) error number, although it maybe unique to the server I'm
trying to connect to. Does an error number: 1185259520 mean anything to
anyone?

Also is there a way I can decode this file on a pc to make sure it
decodes properly there?

Mike