Questions Regarding "HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error"

   Fellow HTTPAPI Users,

   I have a general question about web services. I am using a vendor's
   service that performs a certain action. When it is unable to perform
   that action it returns to my client raising an error that HTTPAPI
   intercepts. A portion of the log file is shown below including the
   SOAP message returned (formatted so its easier to read).

   SetError() #13: HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server
   Error

   recvdoc parms: identity
   302

   header_load_cookies()
   entered

   recvdoc():
   entered

   SetError()
   #0:

   <soap:Envelope

     xmlns:soap="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/";>

     <soap:Body>

       <soap:Fault>

         <faultcode>soap:Server</faultcode>

         <faultstring>URI does not exist</faultstring>

         <detail>

           <ns1:NotFoundException

             xmlns:ns1="http://dashcs.com/api/v1/emergency"; />

         </detail>

       </soap:Fault>

     </soap:Body>

   </soap:Envelope>

   SetError() #13: HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server
   Error

   http_close():
   entered

   What I've come to learn is that this is a fairly standard and many
   servers will do this.

   My questions are:

   1)       is HTTPAPI error #13 always just generated for this type of
   situation (what triggers error #13)?

   2)       is 500 a standard return code for HTTP?

   3)       can I get the 500 programmically out of HTTPAPI at runtime?

   Thanks,

   Ron