From: ftpapi-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:ftpapi-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Alvin
Strasburger
Sent: Thursday, August 19, 2010 2:38 PM
To: HTTPAPI and FTPAPI Projects
Subject: RE: UPS Cost Rate Freight using HTTPAPI

We have been working on a project that uses this for several months.  We are
using package rating for UPS as well as LTL freight rating for UPS-Freight
(formerly Overnite).  They are different web services that require differing
approaches.  For the Package rating they will accept either a SOAP or REST
request but for the LTL rating it is strictly SOAP.

Both require that you register and request an Access Key to the test server.
The LTL rating actually requires that you then run a test case and use the
results to request access to the production server.

It sounds to me like you are most interested in the Package rating.
Attached is a sample of the XML we are sending.  We are building it in calcs
similar to Scott's Example 16 from version 1.21.

Alvin
Alvin Strasburger
Printgear Sportswear
Phone    803-744-2310