Re: Host Name Look Up Failed

Hi Divot,

> OK, I got the last problem solved and can now contact the web
> service.   Now I have another problem.

Great!  What was the problem, so that we can use this info to help the
next person?

> This is an https: call.    I am not getting the response I am
> expecting the expected response.   Instead of a single field I am
> getting back the html of the called web site.

How do you know what to expect from the web service?  Is it possible
that the web service always outputs HTML, and that's the expected result?

Or perhaps there's an input parameter you can pass to get it returned
the way you want?

Please understand:  A web service is a program. You are calling a
program.  Quite literally, you are calling a program -- just like an
RPG, CL, Cobol, whatever program.  (Heck, it might even be one of
those.)  Programs can take any type of data as input parameters, and can
output any type of data as a result.

Unless you post the documentation for the web service, or unless someone
on this mailing list happens to be familiar with the specific web
service you're calling (unlikely -- especially since you haven't even
told us what it is), we're simply not going to be able to help you.

Helping you to get file transfer software working is one thing.  Telling
you what data to transfer is quite another.