Re: Post to a file, Conversion from ASCII to EBCDIC

HTTP is a binary protocol -- it's not purely used for text, therefore
having it do translation would be harmful.  For example, if you download
a video and run it through an ASCII/EBCDIC translation table, that video
is going to be pretty worthless when you're done.

Same goes for many other types of objects.

Is there some particular reason you want to translate data that you're
saving to the IFS?   Why wouldn't you just save it to a file, and let
the other application open the file in text mode (O_TEXTDATA on the
open() API)??   If the data is text, then that's really the right thing
to do.

And assuming you do that, the OS will automatically do the ASCII/EBCDIC
translation when you read the file.  No need to do it when saving it to
disk.