Post to a file, Conversion from ASCII to EBCDIC

   I've used HTTPAPI successfully for several projects, and have always
   used http_url_post_raw, received the data back in a string, translated
   to EBCDIC, and processed it. I need to save the data to a file and
   make the file available to another application. So, I could use
   http_url_post and save the data to a file on the IFS, but then it will
   be in ASCII. I would then have to translate the file contents to
   EBCDIC. Or, I could use http_url_post_raw, translate to EBCDIC, and
   write to a file. Or...I could use the best way, which is the one I
   don't know. :)
   What's the best way to accomplish this? Thanks!