RE: Example 18 set error() #61 : HTTPAPI was not built with XML support.

Check library list so that you are using the right service program. If you just want to get it working again...

download BETA (http://www.scottklement.com/httpapi/beta/) Upload to the IBM i.

Are you using HTTPAPI in production?

If not, find and delete all instances of these service programs.
WRKOBJ *ALL/HTTPAPIR4
Delete all objects
WRKOBJ *ALL/EXPAT
Delete all objects

Follow install instructions from the website taking the defaults for all options.

The latest BETA has changes to the EXAMPLE programs. You may want to make copies of them before deleting LIBHTTP.

If you are in production, same procedure but don't delete the service programs. When you install the BETA version, make sure to tell the install program where you want the objects to reside (wherever you found the objects before).

Good luck.