Re: Base64 Decoding

   Hi Scott -
   My thoughts of having different versions aren't indicative of any lack
   of confidence in your ability or the robustness of your code; rather
   it's an overabundance of caution on my part.My thought was my existing
   code would run with the version I used at creation time, and new code
   would run with the version I would use for the new program creation.
   But you're one of the best programmers I've ever met, and if you've
   designed HTTPAPI to be that easy to upgrade, then that's what I'll do.
   I appreciate you taking the time to explain this.
   Thanks...
   - Michael

   On Tue, Aug 3, 2010 at 1:15 PM, Scott Klement <[1]sk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
   wrote:

     Hi Michael,

   > In any case, can I have multiple versions of HTTPAPI on the same
   > system? I currently have version 1.20 and was thinking of loading
   > version 1.23 to try and take advantage of the http_XmlReturnPtr
   > function.

     Yes, you can do that.  When you install HTTPAPI, it gives you
     options to
     let you control which library it compiles things into, and how much
     it
     uses *LIBL.  That's all part of the initial setup program.
     However, I'd like to understand why...
     HTTPAPI is designed to be easy to upgrade.  You just delete the old
     one,
     and install the new one, and all of your existing programs work
     with the
     new one.  I put a great deal of effort into that.
     I'd like to understand why you feel the need to run an old one, so
     I can
     fix that problem in the future.