Re: HTTPAPI/eXPat Style/Model

Hi Michael,

> Should I combine this processing into one program?

It really doesn't matter, as far as I can tell, whether you combine them
or keep them together.  This decision should be based on the
architecture you want to write/support.

> I currently have HTTPAPI 1.20 on my system, and think I should move
> to 1.23 to take advantage of the http_XmlReturnPtr function.

You should definitely move to 1.23, even if you never use XmlReturnPtr,
if for no other reason than to eliminate all of the bugs that have been
fixed since 1.20.

However, you can still call Expat directly (instead of using HTTPAPI's
wrappers) if you like.  There's no requirement to use HTTPAPI's
wrappers.  These wrappers were intended to make things easier -- but by
all means, keep using Expat's routines directly if you want.  It's more
versatile that way -- it just requires more work on your part.