RE: Installing HTTPAPI

Carlos,

> Can HTTPAPI run in V6R1 or later release
In the archives over a year ago, V6R1 question was asked and answered as "no one has complained". I would think there would have been complaints by now and didn't see any.

> 2.- Any special ports that I need to open in my firewall to communicate with UPS or outside? I have port 443 open for HTTPS.
What port does UPS use? That is the one you would need to open. If you are using standard HTTP, that is port 80 and you already know HTTPS. Also, there is some support for two types of proxy servers (not ones that use NTLM and derivatives), so you don't necessarily have to open ports (but is often easier that way).

> 3.- I have a project very similar to the UPS Tracking but it is for Freight Rate Charges with the sample program name example16 can be modified to do Freight Rate Charges?
The programs are open source and can be modified any way you want (read the license agreement). Think of HTTPAPI as the back-end of a browser. It does the talking to another server. What that conversation looks like is up to the programmer. So, yes, it can probably talk Freight Rate Charges. You will have to teach it what to say and to hear (and of course what to do with that information). If what you want to do is a web service, you will want to use something like soapUI or WDSL2RPG to help you get to the next step. But many services are pretty straight forward and can be hand coded quite quickly. If it is a web service, hopefully you can get to the WSDL. This little piece of XML will spell out the way to form the request and what to expect in return. This is what soapUI or WDSL2RPG uses to do its work.

Good luck with the project.
Mike