From: Mike Krebs [mkrebs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: 07/13/2010 05:12 PM EST
To: HTTPAPI and FTPAPI Projects <ftpapi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "ftpapi-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ftpapi-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: Self-Signed Certificates For PayPal And HTTPAPI

Holy rutabagas. What a quandary we are left with. Is this what you are looking for (part of the Security for PayPal SOAP API)?

"API Certificate Mutually exclusive with API Signature. A PayPal-generated unique digital certificate file that
you download from the PayPal website and use on the client computer to encrypt the HTTPS
requests of your API calls to PayPal's API server."

I believe you can load a certificate from someone else on the IBM i. This wouldn't be a self-signed certificate but one generated for your use. Scott has described this before so search the archives.

Mike Krebs