     To: HTTPAPI and FTPAPI Projects <ftpapi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
     From: Scott Klement <sk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
     Sent by: ftpapi-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
     Date: 05/27/2010 12:21PM
     Subject: Re: SSL Handshake: (GSKit) An error occurred during SSL
     hi John,
     Just so that we are all on the same page...  the information from
     the
     debug file tells me that HTTPAPI was calling this API (part of
     OS/400):
        gsk_secure_soc_init()
     And the error code the API is returning is:
        GSK_INTERNAL_ERROR
     This is also known as CPDBCB9 from msgf QCPFMSG
     The API itself and it's error codes are documented in the
     Information
     Center here (this is the V5R3 version, because that appears to be
     what
     you are running:)
     [1]http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/iseries/v5r3/topic/apis
     /gsk_secure_soc_init.htm
     Unfortunately, the only thing this documentation seems to say is
     that
     something is wrong internally inside the SSL routines of OS/400.
     It
     doesn't provide more information. There may be more information in
     your
     job log -- have you looked there?
     Aside from that, I'd guess that something got messed up in your
     Digital
     Certificate Manager.  I don't know what else to suggest, except
     calling
     IBM for help.
     On 5/27/2010 9:21 AM, JHill@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

     >     Kevin,
     >

     >     Thanks for the reply. I have already done that. I even
     imported the
     >     intermediate certificate, and I still have the same problem.
     I have
     >     also tested against our our website which as a certificate
     signed by
     >     Thawte and still are having the same problem.
     >

     >     Here is the information from the debug file.
     >
     >     Thanks,
     >     John Hill
     >

     >     HTTPAPI Ver 1.23 released 2008-04-24
     >
     >     OS/400 Ver V5R3M0
     >
     >     New iconv() objects set, PostRem=819. PostLoc=0. ProtRem=819.
     >     ProtLoc=0
     >
     >     https_init(): entered

     ---
     >     ---------------
     >
     >     Dump of local-side certificate information:

     ---
     >     ---------------
     >
     >     -----BEGIN CERTIFICATE-----

     MIICVDCCAb2gAwIBAgIHSldGhQElaDANBgkqhkiG9w0BAQQFADBnMQswCQYDVQQG

     EwJVUzENMAsGA1UECBMET2hpbzEXMBUGA1UEBxMOQ3V5YWhvZ2EgRmFsbHMxHTAb

     BgNVBAoTFEluZm9ybWF0aW9uIFNlcnZpY2VzMREwDwYDVQQDEwhDRlNhZmV0eTAe

     Fw0wOTA3MDkxMzQ3NDlaFw0xMDA3MTAxMzQ3NDlaMHMxCzAJBgNVBAYTAlVTMQ0w

     CwYDVQQIEwRPaGlvMRcwFQYDVQQHEw5DdXlhaG9nYSBGYWxsczEdMBsGA1UEChMU

     SW5mb3JtYXRpb24gU2VydmljZXMxHTAbBgNVBAMTFENGU2FmZXR5IFN5c3RlbSBD

     ZXJ0MIGfMA0GCSqGSIb3DQEBAQUAA4GNADCBiQKBgQCbVZkA9/1AQsSXeSbAvGh/

     kZZ/4nK3vMP+ZZuxgrBiDduJVEL8H9vi+dH8xzirmrp4DdS240FodYgxVTKO3Zfw

     YfvahsRtBhxuSZB51mh69dWt24kpRVJbULFw2seWLZhR1j2bePg4P/LFTY676d/l

     g27YTwUAMLwe3DJZQMeGIwIDAQABMA0GCSqGSIb3DQEBBAUAA4GBAI3DBWgRHqNd

     YeHXVCyenpdz1b0tlMSGFbLiMdldiAYRpYvUSJWR5dO3N/KLtf6wcBJ1WajO6hXv

     oOoffBcjoSj/bd9V71EZw/0GsxI2Coq5vDoYr6oUTl4hjzKHkF6VJoCIjYtWCS8c

     >     k8BbTAzpnRXb5bI1fKmy9sLLA4ZHIAod

     ---

     Projects"<ftpapi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
     >       From: "Kevin Bucknum"<Kevin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
     >       Sent by: ftpapi-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
     >       Date: 05/26/2010 04:57PM
     >       Subject: RE:
     >       Unless you have that root cert loaded on your machine, you
     need to
     >       go
     >       download it from Go Daddy's site and install it. By default
     IBM
     >       doesn't
     >       load that one. We have put in a request for them to add a
     few of
     >       the
     >       more common cert providers, but haven't seen any movement
     on it
     >       yet.
     Behalf Of
     >       JHill@xxxxxxxxxxxx
     >       Sent: Wednesday, May 26, 2010 2:48 PM
     >       To: ftpapi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
     >       Subject:
     >         Hello everyone,
     >         I'm brand new to this list so go easy. We are using HTTP
     API
     >       v1.23
     >       for
     >         about a year now to post data to a web service. Last week
     the web
     >         service changed their SSL cert to a cert signed by "Go
     Daddy