SV: Two extra Characters at the beginning of the XML when received by server

I got something similar some months ago. Most likelly they are 2 binary characters with information on how th read the rest of the file. They contain info on little/big endian and stuff like that.

In my case they were inserted by some party between the Windows server and the wsdl2ws.sh script. I solved it by not storing the XML stream as a file but rather used the direct http:// URL in the script in stead.

/Joakim

Från: ftpapi-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [ftpapi-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] för Zimmerman, Donald W. [donald.zimmerman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Skickat: den 28 maj 2010 14:16
Till: ftpapi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Ämne: Two extra Characters at the beginning of the XML when received by server

We are using the following procedure and the people receiving the XML are indicating there are two extra characters in the beginning of the XM (almost like what you see when using a variable length field). We have tried a number of things to try and remove these characters from the XML but when we look at it prior to being sent we do not see them. They are insisting it is on our end. Does any one have any ideas? Here is the procedure call.

Eval      Rc = http_url_post(%Trim(PostDtl):

                             %Addr(Data)   :

                             %Len(%Trim(Data))

                             %Trim(InpOutFile$)

Donald W Zimmerman

PMSI

Application Development Lead

(813) 318 6828 (Office)

(918) 527 3999 (Cell)

WFH (Thu and Fri)

Notice: THIS DOCUMENT MAY CONTAIN CONFIDENTIAL OR PROPRIETARY INFORMATION, INCLUDING PATIENT HEALTH INFORMATION THAT IS PROTECTED UNDER HIPAA AND OTHER STATE AND FEDERAL CONFIDENTIALITY LAWS. PLEASE DELIVER IMMEDIATELY ONLY TO THE INTENDED RECIPIENT. IF THIS TRANSMISSION WAS RECEIVED IN ERROR, PLEASE CONTACT THE SENDER IMMEDIATELY AND DO NOT DISTRIBUTE THE INFORMATION TO ANY OTHER PERSON.

Capgemini is a trading name used by the Capgemini Group of companies which includes Capgemini Sverige AB, a company registered in Sweden (number 556092-3053) whose registered office is at Gustavslundsvägen 131  Box 825 – S-161 24 Bromma.

This message contains information that may be privileged or confidential and is the property of the Capgemini Group. It is
intended only for the person to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are not authorized to
read, print, retain, copy, disseminate, distribute, or use this message or any part thereof. If you receive this message