From: ftpapi-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:ftpapi-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Bak, Doug
(LMF)
Sent: Thursday, May 27, 2010 3:47 PM
To: HTTPAPI and FTPAPI Projects
Subject: RE: Problem with FTP_GET, FTP_BINARY when downloading mixed
file types

You have to ensure that you're using ASCII transfers and LOCSITE TRIM 2:

TRIM 0
Set Trim option to OFF. The FTP server sends trailing blanks of database
records.
TRIM 1
Set Trim option to ON. The FTP server does not send trailing blanks of
database records when transferring database files that use file
structure and stream mode. This is the default.
TRIM 2
Set Trim option so the server does not send trailing blanks of database
records for all transfers, including record structure and block mode.

TRIM
Display a message that contains the current setting of the FTP client
TRIM option.

Notes:
1.Prior to the availability of this subcommand, trailing blanks of
QSYS.LIB file system records were always removed before transferring the
file to the FTP server.
2.TRIM settings do not apply to TYPE I (binary) file transfers. Blanks
are never trimmed for TYPE I file transfers, regardless of the TRIM
setting.

We had to use this option recently to transfer files to a remote Windows
system, works great!

Doug