From: ftpapi-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:ftpapi-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Scott Klement
Sent: Saturday, May 08, 2010 2:27 AM
To: HTTPAPI and FTPAPI Projects
Subject: Re: FW: Help with new method?

Hello Alvin,

> I wrote the vendor and sent both the request and reply from the debug
file.
> They ran our request through their "test harness" and it responds with a
> well-formed doc.  One difference is that to use the test harness you must
> already have logged in manually.  Of course we had already don't that.

This error doesn't look like it'd be related to logging in?  Or at least
that wouldn't be my guess...   login related errors don't usually look
like this.

I did note that you are running an outdated copy of HTTPAPI.  I suggest
that you update to the current beta version.   I don't know if that'd be
related or not, but it certainly couldn't hurt.

> In reviewing your response, I wonder if capturing the reply to a file
would
> help, since it appears from the debug log that we aren't really getting
much
> of the response except the first line anyway.

Yes, please try capturing the response to a file. You do that by calling
http_url_post (instead of http_url_post_xml). The parameters are
documented in comments inside HTTPAPI_H

You say you aren't getting much of the response -- but you are clearly
receiving the whole XML document.  The document element is <RateQuote>
-- and since it includes the ending of that element, there can't
possibly be more XML after it.

> I'm wondering if you would allow me to send you our code including the UID
> and PW so that you might be able to take a closer look?  If so, do you
want
> me to post it or send it to a different email address?

I wouldn't post a userid/password to the mailing list if I were you.
Send it to me privately (but at the same e-mail address that this
message is sent from) and I'll try it out.
02:26:00
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?> <RateQuote xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"; xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="http://www.con-way.com/XML/RateQuote.xsd"; schemaVersion="1.0" />Error 500: