Help with new method?

   We have now been successful with posting XML and SOAP requests and
   parsing the replies as well as using the WEBFORMS tool to send simple
   strings.  We have tried to learn as much as we could in the process.
   Unfortunately, we have much more knowledge about RPG programming and
   business logic than we have about web programming.

    We are in the final stages of integrating freight rating into our
   order entry system and do not quite understand what is required for
   one specific carrier's system.  We have found the following excerpt
   from an example in their documentation and help translating it to the
   "HTTPAPI language".

set httpConn = Server.CreateObject("Microsoft.XMLHTTP")
'or alternately depending on what is installed on your server:
'set httpConn = Server.CreateObject("MSXML2.ServerXMLHTTP")
'or whatever parser you have installed

' open synchronous connection to X-ShipmentStatus
httpConn.open "POST",xxxxxxXmlUrl,false,username,password

'set post data type, and post data
httpConn.setRequestHeader "Content-type","application/x-www-form-urlencoded"
httpConn.Send requestType & "=" & xmlRequest

   We know that xxxxxXmlUrl is a constant containing the URL and that
   xmlRequest is a constant containing the XML of our request.  We also
   know the ID and Password.  We also know that we need to send the ID
   and PW first in order to log in.  We are not sure what the parameter
   false is for.  It is not documented as a constant.

   Can someone help us by listing the specific functions we need to call
   and in what order?

   Thanks,

   Alvin

   Alvin Strasburger