From: ftpapi-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:ftpapi-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Scott
Klement
Sent: Wednesday, April 14, 2010 4:23 PM
To: HTTPAPI and FTPAPI Projects
Subject: Re: SSL in FTP?

Are you referring to the following patch?
http://www.scottklement.com/archives/ftpapi/200704/msg00015.html

There are problems with that patch, it will break multi-session
capability and isn't very flexible, but other than that, it should work.

Personally, I use SSH for secure FTP.

Kevin Bucknum wrote:
>    Scott,
>
>    I must be losing my mind. I thought I remembered the work being
done
>    to add SSL to the FTPAPI project and it was floating around as a
patch
>    somewhere. My google fu is either weak, or it just doesn't exist.
Am I
>    just remembering when the SSL was done to HTTPAPI? If that version
>    doesn't exist in the wild somewhere, I guess I'm going to take a
stab
>    as porting it between the two projects. I just didn't want to start
on
>    that if it had already been done.

Kevin Bucknum
Senior Programmer Analyst