WSDL2RPG Logging Interpretation

   Note: This e-mail is subject to the disclaimer contained at the bottom
   of this message.

   Having gone through the pain of baby steps with my R & D WSDL2 work, I
   am now trying to build our first production web service. Unfortunately
   the WSDL2RPG program is failing. The service has 13 separate xsd files
   so I won't post them here. I would like to learn some more about
   debugging the log information first. I found an earlier posting by
   Thomas:

   1. Open the member LOG4RPG (type PROPERTIES)
   2. Change log4rpg=off to log4rpg=on
   3. Put a '#' sign in front each line that starts with
   'log4rpg.logger.WSDL2RPG.client'
   4. Do not touch 'log4rpg.logger.WSDL2RPG.eXpatAdapter' because you do
   not really want
       to see the debug messages of this module.
   5. Change 'log4rpg.rootLogger=ERROR, chainsaw' to
   'log4rpg.rootLogger=DEBUG, file'.

   I now have a (very large) log file.

   I've also seen references to amending these option settings
   programmatically in the generated code. Which is the most appropriate
   method to use?

   I've also down-loaded the help file from your site
   ([1]http://www.tools400.de/Downloads/Freeware/Service-Pgme/Log4rpg_Hel
   p_File_Win95__ENG_.zip) as per the same post and am trying to absorb
   that as well.

   Have I done everything correctly so far? Is there more?

   I've down-loaded all the xsd files (13 in all, so I won't be posting
   them) but when I run the WSDL2RPG command, I get two warning messages
   and then crash:

   Warning: Element 'harmony:propertyRef' does not have child elements.

     Empty <sequence> tag encountered in WSDL file.

   Warning: Element 'harmony:HarmonyKeyRef' does not have child elements.

     Empty <sequence> tag encountered in WSDL file.

   Application error.  MCH3601 unmonitored by WSDL2RPG at statement

     0000212800, instruction
   X'0000'.

   The two elements do not exist in any of the xsd files. Remember this
   is a service that is already being used successfully by our front-end,
   so I preume it's well-formed. All I'm trying to do is use the same
   service in our back-end legacy code so that we can use the green
   screen application normally when the browser interface is unavailable.

   I was wondering if WSDL2RPG has limits on how many levels of nesting
   there might be? Or whether it makes assumptions about the structure of
   the WSDLs?

   When I look at the log file in /tmp the first reference to
   harmony:propertyRef is:

   2010-03-30-12.26.19.954000 ZDEBUGs
   WSDL2RPG/WSDL2RPG(WSDL2R50).WSDL2R50_TypeDef_newType (26100) Created
   (*TYPE): harmony:propertyRef

   2010-03-30-12.26.19.955000 ZDEBUGs
   WSDL2RPG/WSDL2RPG(WSDL2R59).produceReferenceType (109000) ... added
   helper reference type harmony:propertyRef to global types list.

   This service has 3 operations:

   Option  Web Services -> Port -> Operations

           tns:HarmonyCAIWebService (service)

              tns:HarmonyCAIWebServiceSOAP (port)

                 tns:GenerateKeys()

                 tns:MatchCustomerData()

                 tns:ParseCustomerData()

   I discovered that I could put WSDL2RPG into debug mode and stepped
   into it, but all I discovered was that the warning messages above are
   generated prior to the Select Operation screen appearing indicating
   that there is something wrong with the XSDs. Here is the point at
   which the warning message is issued:

   15543

   15544     // Check, whether child elements are present or not

   15545     if (not TypeDef_hasChildren(type));

   15546        clear USR0025;

   15547        USR00251 = TypeDef_toString(type);

   15548        AppMsg_sendToCmdLine(AppMsg_new('USR0025': USR0025));

   15549     endif;

   And here is most of the type structure:

   TYPE.ISCHOICE = '0'

   TYPE.ISUSED = '0'

   TYPE.ISSEQUENCE = '1'

   TYPE.ISQUALIFIED = '0'

   TYPE.ISEXTENSION = '0'

   TYPE.ISABSTRACT = '0'

   TYPE.ISSOAPENCODED = '0'

   TYPE.REFERENCESTYPE = '0'

   TYPE.ARRAYTYPE = '-           '

   TYPE.ARRAYID = 0

   TYPE.DIM = 0

   TYPE.LENGTH = -1

   TYPE.FRACTION = -1

   TYPE.DEFTYPE = '*TYPE'

   TYPE.RESERVED_1 = '               '

   TYPE.QNAME.LNAME =

             ....5...10...15...20...25...3

        1   'propertyRef

       61   '

      121   '

      181   '

      241   '

      301   '

      361   '

      421   '

      481   '

   TYPE.QNAME.NSPREFIX = 'harmony

   TYPE.QNAME.NSVALUE =

   ....5...10...15...20...25...30...35...40...45...50...55...60

        1   'urn:mastersoft.com.au:harmony:cai:ServiceEndpointInterface
   '

       61   '
   '

      121   '
   '

      181   '
   '

      241   '
   '

      301   '
   '

      361   '
   '

      421   '
   '

      481   '
   '

   TYPE.QTYPE.LNAME
   =

   ....5...10...15...20...25...30...35...40...45...50...55...60

        1   '
   '

       61   '
   '

   And I get the same messages as above when I select any of these
   operations.

   It appears that WSDL2RPG is creating a new type???

   Thanks for your time Thomas.

   The information transmitted in this message and its attachments (if
   any) is intended only for the person or entity to which it is
   addressed.

   The message may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any
   review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of
   any action in reliance upon this information, by persons or entities
   other than the intended recipient is prohibited.

   If you have received this in error, please contact the sender and
   delete this e-mail and associated material from any computer.

   The intended recipient of this e-mail may only use, reproduce,
   disclose or distribute the information contained in this e-mail and
   any attached files, with the permission of the sender.

   This message has been scanned for viruses.