Re: Unresolved symbols when creating WSDL2RPG Service Program,

   Note: This e-mail is subject to the disclaimer contained at the bottom
   of this message.

   No wonder that post didn't make sense. My original post didn't get
   posted!

   I was originally using an article from systeminetwork
   ([1]http://systeminetwork.com/article/call-web-service-wdsl2rpg) as my
   guide after recommendation from Scott to use this product. When I was
   at step 5. in the article I couldn't get the stub module created due
   to unresolved symbols. After I sent my original post which hasn't
   appeared I was looking through the install material from the WSDL2RPG
   zip I down-loaded and I found your WSDL2RPG-FAQ pdf.

   I followed the instructions there and it all worked.

   I'm really sorry for the confusion.

   I have now moved forward, and have hit a new problem, which I hope you
   can help me with.

   First of all, I think that what is happening is that you have written
   a wrapper for Scott's HTTPAPI code, by creating another layer of
   functionality between the web server and the application developer.
   You've used the WSDL as the driver for your code as it is a published
   standard, that all web services have to work with?

   I used the WS0001 test harness as an example template and of course
   have to set the parameters for the request. When I executed the test
   harness it crashes on the setting of the parameters values. Mine are
   different to yours of course. I have 2

   Here is my definition:

   D parameters      DS
   likeds(tns_GetCoverOptionsRequest_t)

   inz

   Here is the error

   RNQ0222  Pointer or parameter error (C G D F).

   I presume this is because parameters is defined as LIKEDS to a DS
   which is based and the reference hasn't been set.

   I'm a little unsure of the naming conventions used and it gets
   confusing because there is often a number of references to other based
   data structures. Knowing the naming convention would be extremely
   helpful and so I'm not sure if I have used the correct DS for the
   request. But the WS0001 code looks the same, apart from the DS name
   used.

   I'm really sorry for the confusion, Thomas, and appreciate you
   monitoring this forum.

   The information transmitted in this message and its attachments (if
   any) is intended only for the person or entity to which it is
   addressed.

   The message may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any
   review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of
   any action in reliance upon this information, by persons or entities
   other than the intended recipient is prohibited.

   If you have received this in error, please contact the sender and
   delete this e-mail and associated material from any computer.

   The intended recipient of this e-mail may only use, reproduce,
   disclose or distribute the information contained in this e-mail and
   any attached files, with the permission of the sender.

   This message has been scanned for viruses.