From: ftpapi-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:ftpapi-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Scott
Klement
Sent: Monday, March 15, 2010 5:17 PM
To: HTTPAPI and FTPAPI Projects
Subject: Re: HTTPS SSL problem - Timeout retriving the security
token????

hi Bismarck,

The "handle is not valid" is a bug in HTTPAPI.  In previous versions of
HTTPAPI when the SSL open failed, it continued with the next step
(instead of stopping and reporting the error) thus giving the erroneous
"handle is not valid" error.  This should already be fixed in the
current beta.

The other message you cite, "access to the key database is not allowed"
is an authority error.  The user running HTTPAPI is missing authority to

the certificate store (which, in years past, was referred to as a 'key
database').

I recently posted a CL program that should illustrate how to give proper

authority:
http://www.scottklement.com/archives/ftpapi/201002/msg00042.html

Good luck!

On 3/15/2010 3:10 PM, Perez, Bismarck wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I apologize if this has been asked before, and if so please send me
the link and accept my apologies.

> I'm getting the following errors when trying to run https on my 400
system.  Basically a process reads XMLs from an MQ and then turns around
and calls a java web service on the network to get CC information
(information on the xml is just reference numbers).

> gsk_sec_soc_open: (GSKit) Handle is not valid.
> gsk_env_init: (GSKit) Access to the key database is not allowed.
>
> the funny thing is that if I place the process in debug and step thru
the code line by line, then I don't get any errors and the call to the
web service woks as intended.

> I asked the java developer and he says that he does not sees any
errors on his side, which made me think that the timing issue might
actually be on the as400 trying to retrieve the security token for the
SSL.