Unicode problem

   I am using "http_parse_xml_stmf" to parse an IFS file that we get from
   an affiliate.  When I look at the XML file using notepad, everything
   appears fine, like the following snippet:

   <?xml version="1.0" standalone="yes"?>.....

   If I view the file using WRKLNK, it looks like this:

   ÿþ< ? x m l   v e r s i o n = " 1 . 0 "   s t a n d a l o n e = " y e
   s " ? >...

   When I use http_parse_xml_stmf, I get a return code of -1.  It doesn't
   even call the parsing routine.  I get the following in the debug file:

   HTTPAPI Ver 1.21 released 2007-10-01

   New iconv() objects set, PostRem=819. PostLoc=0. ProtRem=819.
   ProtLoc=0
   New XML iconv() objects set, xml_Remote=1252. xml_Local=1208
   SetError() #66: XML parse failed at line 1, col 2: not well-formed
   (invalid token)

   I think the IFS file might be in unicode.  If so, how do I handle
   this?

   John