RE: CCSID issues

In general, you shouldn't have to read the log file to see if there is an error in transmission. HTTPAPI returns error information on most of the procedure calls and/or you can read the errors directly if they are "soft" errors returned from the receiver (by parsing the returned data). Although if you are having CCSID errors, you might also have them in reading the information. It seems sometimes that people running with the non-standard CCSID have to jump a few hoops to make things work.

When you create the log file, are you actually getting 37? Example17 seems to be showing how to create a file with a specific CCSID (although the comments say 1208 and it looks like it is creating 819).

Here is a post of Scott's talking about creating the file with a certain CCSID:
http://www.scottklement.com/archives/ftpapi/200502/msg00012.html