(GSKit) Peer not recognized or badly formatted message received.

Hello everyone,

My company has been using HTTPAPI for about 2.5 years.  Recently, one of
our vendors with which we utilize HTTPAPI to perform SSL communication is
changing to a VeriSign Class 3 Secure Server CA - G2 digital certificate.
We believed what we needed to do was to install this cert in DCM.  This has
been completed, but whenever we test run our process, we get the "(GSKit)
Peer not recognized or badly formatted message received" message.

We have tried everything that our staff and the vendor can think of and
have found no solution.  As a test of eliminating different factors to find
the culprit, the vendor temporarily disabled the SSL requirement on their
test server & then when we ran our process, everything worked.  They
re-enabled the SSL and back to failure.

In the httpapi debug listing we get during the run we see (1) the dump of
the client-side cert (us), (2) the dump of the server-side cert (vendor) &
then (3) the following:

Protocol Used: TLS Version 1
http_persist_post(): entered
http_long_ParseURL(): entered
do_post(): entered
POST /vl/api1c.asp HTTP/1.1
Host: cat.callit.com
recvresp(): entered
(GSKit) Peer not recognized or badly formatted message received.
ssl_error(410): (GSKit) Peer not recognized or badly formatted message
received.
SetError() #44: CommSSL_read:  read:(GSKit) Peer not recognized or badly
formatted message recei
http_close(): entered

We have contacted IBM and they are in the process of analyzing an SSL
trace.  However, I really could use any education & assistance on this that
this group could provide.  The SSL is pretty new to me, but I have tried to
give myself a very basic understanding of the concepts and how to use DCM.

Thanks in advance.

Anthony Wilson
Direct To Consumer Analyst