From: ftpapi-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:ftpapi-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Versfelt,
Charles
Sent: Friday, February 05, 2010 3:08 PM
To: ftpapi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: HTTPAPI, CGIDEV2 binding directory

Hi,

I have a question... Please forgive my ignorance on binding directories.

It's been a very long time since I studied binding directories, at my
job we compile all our programs under one binding directory.  We even
have our Aldon set up to automatically default to dftactgrp(*no) and one
particular binding directory.  I know that's not how they're really
supposed to be used, but we've done it that way since the beginning.

The HTTPAPI sample programs are all compiled under BNDDIR('HTTPAPI') in
the H spec.
The CGIDEV2 programs are all compiled under BNDDIR('CGIDEV2') in the H
spec.

What if we want to do HTTPAPI and CGIDEV2 in the same program?

Do I have to have to create the XML using CGIDEV2 and send it using
HTTPAPI in two separate RPGLE programs (under two BNDDIRs)?  All called
from another program (under our "common" binding directory)?

How can I do these functions and compile the programs in one binding
directory?

Charlie

Kevin Bucknum
Senior Programmer Analyst