RE: Data Transmission with HTTPAPI

I was asked the same question, and the answer was to define a peer review process for the code, signed off, by >1 developer, which states, in effect, that the code does as it should and doesn't contain anything it shouldn't.

All code must be compiled on site, from reviewed code.

Our security people were involved and interested in the process, and we now use it for any 'open source', which may be considered for adoption.

This document may contain confidential information intended for the addressee only. Any views or opinions presented do not necessarily represent those of Newcastle Building Society or its subsidiary companies, hereinafter referred to as NBS Group.

If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, or reliance upon this E-mail is prohibited. If you have received this document in error, please notify the sender so that NBS Group may arrange for its proper delivery. All e-mails are scanned for viruses and other unacceptable content, which may result in non-delivery of a small proportion of e-mails. Anyone sending urgent/important e-mails should therefore confirm delivery.

NBS Group does not enter into contracts by means of Internet or e-mail and staff are not authorised to enter into contracts in this way.

Newcastle Building Society introduces to Newcastle Financial Services Limited (NFSL).  NFSL is an appointed representative of Openwork Limited, which is authorised and regulated by the FSA. Newcastle Building Society is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority (www.fsa.gov.uk/register/) and is entered in the Financial Services Authority Register under Registration No. 156058.

Web site: www.newcastle.co.uk