RE: Ftpapi Digest, Vol 44, Issue 1

Debug logs are generated when you turn them on.

(from example1)
 *  Turning on debugging.
 *
 *     Calling http_debug and passing *ON will turn on
 *     HTTPAPI's debugging support.  It will write a debug
 *     log file to the IFS in /tmp/httpapi_debug.txt
 *     with loads of tech info about the HTTP transaction.
 *
 *     The debug file is crucial if you have problems!
c                   callp     http_debug(*ON)

After you call your program, look in /tmp/httpapi_debug.txt and you will see most of the "conversation" that goes on behind the scenes.

As far as slash or no slash, it depends on if you know what you want to get. In this case, it sounds like there should be a web service running on the server and you should be making a direct call to the web service (most likely no slash). However, if you want to retrieve whatever is at http://abc.com/products/ then include the slash. The web server will serve up the standard page from that directory (most likely index.html). If upon examination of the index.html page, you decide to pull up producta information, then it would be appropriate to make the call to http://abc.com/products/producta.html (no slash - direct retrieval of page).

302 is a redirection "error". Example4 shows one way to deal with 302.

Mike Krebs