Re: need help with HTTPAPI, should be easy for you pros!

   Dave,
   I hope you have taken the time to walk through all the working
   examples that Scott provided!  There is a UPS package tracking example
   that might be a good starting point.
   The code provided is excellent and clearly documented so your
   programmer shouldn't have any problems using it.
   Pete
   [1]davew@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

   I work for a distribution company.
   We aren't huge, and have one "official" iSeries developer. He has been
   with the company for I believe his entire career, and moving on to new
   things isn't always easy.
   The owner, handles PC based application work.
   I tend to fall in the middle, having a wide variety of experience over
   the years.
   We need to verify Addresses for shipping.
   The USPS offers a service we may be able to use which requires using a
   straight forward xml string with return strings.
   We are on a project which like all of them, has to be done last week.
   I managed to get a brief reprieve from having this done with a pc
   based SOFTWARE solution (not a service solution, which makes more
   sense). I and my iSeries developer believe to have this function
   remain upon the iSeries where we do the other processing is ideal, and
   beneficial.
   I found the HTTPAPI and have great hopes we can make this work. I have
   not, however written much RPG related code in over 10 years and am
   having some difficulty intepreting. I don't believe my co-worker has
   delved much into the ILE format, which may be causing some confusion
   for him.
   Is it possible, to have a simple solution which we can provide a
   server connection, pass the string, and put out return data that we
   could call and get a return value
   Something like:
   call pgm parms(server string)
   (Sorry, I've forgot how to define a return variable :( but that would
   be in there too.
   I hope you can help soon, as I have a VERY small window to keeping
   this on an iSeries, and as a web service.
   Thank you.
   [2]davew@xxxxxxxxxx