Need help ASAP with what should be a SIMPLE HTTPAPI web service consumer.

   Trying to create a simple web service consumer using HTTPAPI.
   Need to send an xml string "blahblahblah .... endstring"
   to a server "[1]http://servemeup.com";
   and receive a string back which I can then parse and utlize.
   This would be for use with some of the web tool services provided by
   USPS or UPS, etc.
   I am not the primary developer, but would like this function to remain
   on an iSeries platform and the use of HTTPAPI is my best bet.
   Help GREATLY appreciated!
   Dave