From: ftpapi-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:ftpapi-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Richard
Wilson
Sent: Friday, January 15, 2010 9:30 AM
To: HTTPAPI and FTPAPI Projects
Subject: RE: IFS folder listing

Like so much else which is irrational on a PC - you need to ask
Microsoft.

Less irrationally - if you remember how DOS files are laid down to disk,
you will recall that these two entries form part of the file system.
They have nothing to do with an i Series.   But being a good citizen,
IBM have to follow the 'standard' laid down for that type of disk
formatting.

Just don't get me started about how Mickeysoft implemented 'long file
names'

Lets just say we should all be grateful that IBM injected some sense
with OS/2 and HPFS

Kevin Bucknum
Senior Programmer Analyst
MEDDATA/MEDTRON